|
dioms about Travel 旅行相关英语习语 1. Off the beaten track 偏僻的,人迹罕至的
A place or route that is far away from where many people live.
远离人群聚居地的地方或路线。
The explorers have just found a village off the beaten track.
探险家们刚刚发现了一个偏僻的村庄。
I want to stay on that island for all of summer vacation because it’s off the beaten track . I don’t want to be disturbed by the crowd.
我想整个暑假都待在那个岛上,因为那里人迹罕至,我不想被人群打扰。
Finding a campsite off the beaten track is an easy task for him because he’s an experienced camper.
找一个偏僻的露营地对他来说小菜一碟,因为他是个经验丰富的露营者。
2. Make your way back 设法返回,原路返回
To try to return to your point of origin.
试图回到出发的地方。
The little boy got lost but finally made his way back home safe and sound.
小男孩迷路了,但最终还是安然无恙地回到了家。
Let’s make own way back to the campsite, as it’s about to rain.
天快要下雨了,我们赶紧返回露营地吧。
This is the map in case you don’t know how to make your way back.
给你这张地图,以防你不知道怎么原路返回。
3. Hustle and bustle 熙熙攘攘,喧嚣繁忙
To have many activities, used to describe a crowded and modern place.
形容活动繁多,用于描绘拥挤繁华的现代场所。
I moved to a rural area because the hustle and bustle of big cities does not suit me.
我搬到了乡下,因为大城市的喧嚣繁忙不适合我。
I try to avoid the hustle and bustle of shopping centers during sales.
促销期间,我会尽量避开购物中心的熙熙攘攘。
You need to go somewhere to escape the hustle and bustle of this modern city.
你需要找个地方,逃离这座现代化城市的喧嚣。
4. Live out of a suitcase 居无定所起步网校,拎着行李箱过日子
To stay in several places for only a short time, with only enough belongings to put in a suitcase.
在多个地方短暂停留,随身物品仅够装进行李箱。
It’s time you settled down, Eric. Don’t live out of a suitcase any longer.
埃里克,你该安定下来了,别再居无定所了。
She doesn’t like a stable life. She’d rather live out of a suitcase.
她不喜欢安稳的生活,宁愿拎着行李箱四处奔波。
Tom has been living out of a suitcase for years.
汤姆已经居无定所地过了好几年了。
5. Travel broadens the mind. 行万里路,开阔眼界
To know more about the world, understand more about culture and have more life experience.
更多地了解世界物业经理人,更深入地理解文化,积累更多的人生阅历。
I like traveling because travel broadens the mind.
我喜欢旅行,因为行万里路能开阔眼界。
I learned a lot about culture after the trip, as my mom said travel broadens the mind.
旅行之后,我学到了很多文化知识,果然如妈妈所说,行万里路能开阔眼界。
I’ll let my kids travel to at least 50 countries before they graduate because I believe they can learn lessons that no schools can provide. As the saying goes, “ travel broadens the mind .”
我会让我的孩子毕业前至少去50个国家旅行,因为我相信他们能学到学校教不了的东西。俗话说,行万里路贝语网校,开阔眼界。
6. Hit the road 出发,上路
To leave or start a journey.
离开,开启一段旅程。
Let’s hit the road now. It’s 8 a.m. already.
我们现在就出发吧,已经早上八点了。
What time is he hitting the road ?
他打算几点上路?
I need to hit the road now. I have an appointment with the dentist this afternoon.
我得出发了,下午和牙医有预约。
7. Break the journey 中途停留,中途歇脚
To stop somewhere for a while during a long journey.
在长途旅行中,在某处短暂停留。
After three days of walking in the forest, we broke the journey at a small village by the river.
在森林里走了三天后一流范文网,我们在河边的一个小村庄中途歇脚。
Hey, Jack, let’s break the journey here. I’m so tired, I can’t continue anymore.
嘿,杰克,我们在这儿中途停一下吧。我太累了,走不动了。
We broke the journey at many beautiful places, where we took photos.
我们在很多美景处中途停留,还拍了不少照片。
8. Have/get/give itchy feet
渴望出游,心痒难耐想出门
To want to travel or to do something new.
想要去旅行,或者想要尝试新的事物。
I didn’t like living in Texas. I started getting itchy feet .
我不喜欢住在德克萨斯州,心里开始渴望出去走走。
I’ve been working for this company for 5 years and I get itchy feet now and again.
我在这家公司工作了五年,时不时就会心痒想出门旅行。
She has itchy feet . She loves traveling around the world.
她天生爱出游,喜欢环游世界。
9. Thirst for adventure 渴望冒险钓鱼网,热衷探险
To have an intense desire to travel, explore new places and have new experiences.
内心热切地想要去旅行、探索新地方,体验新事物。
She has a thirst for adventure . She just can’t stop traveling.
她渴望冒险,旅行的脚步从未停歇。
Those who have a thirst for adventure are willing to sacrifice their comfortable jobs.
那些热衷探险的人,愿意放弃安稳舒适的工作。
We travel around the world. We’re looking for people who have a thirst for adventure to join our team.
我们环游世界,正在寻找渴望冒险的人加入我们的团队。 |